The Official Selection for Angoulême 2011 has been released. The best comic books published in the world (thoughusually published in French), as chosen by the organisers of the largest comic book convention in the world. The prizes will be drawn from this list, presented at next year’s Angoulême show will be from the 28th to the 31st of January in… as always… the French town of Angoulême. I really must try to make it this year.
Titles familiar to an English speaking audience include Daniel Clowes’ Wilson, Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard’s The Walking Dead Book 12, Darwyn Cooke’s Parker: The Hunter, Apostolos Doxiadis and Christos H. Papadimitriou’s Logicomix, Joe Sacco’s Gaza 1956, David Mazzuchelli’s Asterios Polyp, Charles Burns’ X’ed, Dash Shaw’s BodyWorld, James Sturm’s Market Day, Naoki Urasawa’s Pluto… and Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’ Incognito, published by Marvel. Indeed there seem to be a record amount of titles that were originally published in English.
UPDATE: Terry And The Pirates and Cerebus have made the Heritage 2011 list as well.
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018