The Official Selection for Angoulême 2011 has been released. The best comic books published in the world (thoughusually published in French), as chosen by the organisers of the largest comic book convention in the world. The prizes will be drawn from this list, presented at next year’s Angoulême show will be from the 28th to the 31st of January in… as always… the French town of Angoulême. I really must try to make it this year.
Titles familiar to an English speaking audience include Daniel Clowes’ Wilson, Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard’s The Walking Dead Book 12, Darwyn Cooke’s Parker: The Hunter, Apostolos Doxiadis and Christos H. Papadimitriou’s Logicomix, Joe Sacco’s Gaza 1956, David Mazzuchelli’s Asterios Polyp, Charles Burns’ X’ed, Dash Shaw’s BodyWorld, James Sturm’s Market Day, Naoki Urasawa’s Pluto… and Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’ Incognito, published by Marvel. Indeed there seem to be a record amount of titles that were originally published in English.
UPDATE: Terry And The Pirates and Cerebus have made the Heritage 2011 list as well.
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017