Some of you know him for his very sweary Bleeding Cool column Short & Curlies. Well now he seems to be aping the title of another Bleeding Cool favourite, with artist PJ Holden.
Numbercruncher will be published over the course of 10 episodes (8 pages each), starting early next year, in what Si calls “a long-running UK Magazine”. 2000AD perchance? It will then be collected as a graphic novel for US publication, although they don’t seem to have a publisher yet. Any offers?
Dying young, a brilliant Mathematician enters the afterlife and discovers a way to cheat the terrifying Divine Calculator. He schemes to be endlessly reincarnated within the lifespan of the woman he loves, no matter how often the violent bailiffs of the Karmic Accountancy cut-short each life.
It falls to one such agent – the surly Bastard Zane – to put a stop to the time-twisting romance once and for all, before the Mathematician can pull-off his greatest trick and escape Existential Justice forever.
Which Is To Say:
Numbercruncher is an off-the-wall romance mixing time-travel, life-after-death and coal-black comedy. It’s Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind meets Doctor Faustus by way of Quantum Leap; all seen through the eyes of the pseudo-villain sent to punish “the hero” of the tale. It’s utterly unusual, vaguely insane, and unexpectedly heart-warming: a metaphysical sci-fi romantic crime-noir time-twisting comedy-thriller, in 80 hardboiled pages.
- A Few Comic Book Exclusives For WonderCon 2017… - March 24, 2017
- San Diego Comic Con To Open A Comics Museum In San Diego, In 2018 - March 24, 2017
- Rodriguez Publishing Abandons Mister Fantastic Trademark - March 24, 2017
- Marvel Promises Fewer Tie-Ins For Secret Empire, But Will Take Over The Comics Industry With Hydra Nation - March 24, 2017
- God Country #1 Goes To Fourth Printing As First Printing Sells For $200 - March 24, 2017