Some of you know him for his very sweary Bleeding Cool column Short & Curlies. Well now he seems to be aping the title of another Bleeding Cool favourite, with artist PJ Holden.
Numbercruncher will be published over the course of 10 episodes (8 pages each), starting early next year, in what Si calls “a long-running UK Magazine”. 2000AD perchance? It will then be collected as a graphic novel for US publication, although they don’t seem to have a publisher yet. Any offers?
Dying young, a brilliant Mathematician enters the afterlife and discovers a way to cheat the terrifying Divine Calculator. He schemes to be endlessly reincarnated within the lifespan of the woman he loves, no matter how often the violent bailiffs of the Karmic Accountancy cut-short each life.
It falls to one such agent – the surly Bastard Zane – to put a stop to the time-twisting romance once and for all, before the Mathematician can pull-off his greatest trick and escape Existential Justice forever.
Which Is To Say:
Numbercruncher is an off-the-wall romance mixing time-travel, life-after-death and coal-black comedy. It’s Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind meets Doctor Faustus by way of Quantum Leap; all seen through the eyes of the pseudo-villain sent to punish “the hero” of the tale. It’s utterly unusual, vaguely insane, and unexpectedly heart-warming: a metaphysical sci-fi romantic crime-noir time-twisting comedy-thriller, in 80 hardboiled pages.
- Comic Store In Your Future – Be Thankful For My Little Pony - November 23, 2017
- Would You Like Your Monsters Unleashed #8 Mixed With A Little Luke Cage #167? - November 23, 2017
- Vault Comics Launches Return Of The Graveyard Gang By Eliot Rahal And Felipe Cunha In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Zenescope Launches Philadelphia Superhero Series, The Musketeers, In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Another 200 Graphic Novels And TPBs Liquidated By DC Comics To Retailers – G To W - November 23, 2017