Dean Haspiel’s Billy Dogma adventure “Sex Planet” has been turned into a motion comic, directed/animated by Daniel J. Kramer and debuting on Bleeding Cool. Motion comics have had a fairly bad press in the past (often by me, I mean, did you see/hear Watchmen?) but Dean Haspiel tells Bleeding Cool;
From the motion comics I’ve been privy to, I feel that most executions fail. It’s a poor substitute for animation and corrupts the virtues of the static, sequential graphic rather than enhances. However, my rejection of motion comics is what challenged me to revisit the concept when Daniel Kramer offered to direct and produce a version of BILLY DOGMA in “Sex Planet.” I think our solution splits the difference between comix proper and moving pictures with sound. If anything, our motion comic compliments the source material while adding a new dimension to the reading/viewing experience. It helps set a pace and acknowledges the power of comics that could otherwise be overlooked in our daily haste.
So what do you think? Have motion sickness comics found its new auteur? Here it is…
- Changes To Batman #38: Tom King And Travis Moore To Tell The Origin Of Bruce Wayne - November 22, 2017
- New Darkness, Cyber Force, Aphrodite V To Join New Witchblade In 2018 - November 22, 2017
- Black Friday Comic Store Deals For 2017: Part One - November 22, 2017
- Titan Comics Launches Bloodborne And Alisik Fall In February 2018 Solicits - November 22, 2017
- Black Mask Comics Launches ‘The Wilds’ And ‘Come Into Me’ In February 2018 Solicits - November 22, 2017