Dean Haspiel’s Billy Dogma adventure “Sex Planet” has been turned into a motion comic, directed/animated by Daniel J. Kramer and debuting on Bleeding Cool. Motion comics have had a fairly bad press in the past (often by me, I mean, did you see/hear Watchmen?) but Dean Haspiel tells Bleeding Cool;
From the motion comics I’ve been privy to, I feel that most executions fail. It’s a poor substitute for animation and corrupts the virtues of the static, sequential graphic rather than enhances. However, my rejection of motion comics is what challenged me to revisit the concept when Daniel Kramer offered to direct and produce a version of BILLY DOGMA in “Sex Planet.” I think our solution splits the difference between comix proper and moving pictures with sound. If anything, our motion comic compliments the source material while adding a new dimension to the reading/viewing experience. It helps set a pace and acknowledges the power of comics that could otherwise be overlooked in our daily haste.
So what do you think? Have motion sickness comics found its new auteur? Here it is…
- San Diego Comic Con 2017 Badges On Sale On April 8th – 9am PT Noon ET 5pm BST - March 27, 2017
- DC Comics Sends Their Freelancers Big Blue Blankets… - March 27, 2017
- Manga Potrays President Donald Trump As Making Murder And Rape Legal - March 27, 2017
- Where To Buy The Watchmen Smiley Batman And Flash Covers If You Live In The UK - March 27, 2017
- The Biggest Spoilers For Secret Empire #0 You Can Find… If You Can Find Them - March 27, 2017