It’s not even Misfits. I don’t care. But No Heroics, a six part superhero sitcom starts in the US this week. Originally airing a a couple of years ago on ITV2 in the UK, it was very much an Office/Pulling/Nathan Barley take on superheroes, and one that seems to have been rather influential on the first issue of Knight & Squire. Basically the pub where supervillains and superheroes hang out in their off hours, replicating the various media watering holes of Soho, London.
I really liked it. I mean, it’s no Misfits, but nothing is. And the writer/producer of the show, Drew Pearce is the chap writing the screenplay to Marvel’s Runaways. Which is, Nikki Finke aside, still on the slate.
There was a planned US version for NBC but it never made it to air. Which presumably clears the way for this US screening.
Here’s what I wrote at the time. And here’s a trailer;
No Heroics airs on DirecTV at 9pm … um… oh it seemed to have aired yesterday. You’ll probably still be able to catch it. Somehow. I wish someone would have told me before.
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018