It’s not even Misfits. I don’t care. But No Heroics, a six part superhero sitcom starts in the US this week. Originally airing a a couple of years ago on ITV2 in the UK, it was very much an Office/Pulling/Nathan Barley take on superheroes, and one that seems to have been rather influential on the first issue of Knight & Squire. Basically the pub where supervillains and superheroes hang out in their off hours, replicating the various media watering holes of Soho, London.
I really liked it. I mean, it’s no Misfits, but nothing is. And the writer/producer of the show, Drew Pearce is the chap writing the screenplay to Marvel’s Runaways. Which is, Nikki Finke aside, still on the slate.
There was a planned US version for NBC but it never made it to air. Which presumably clears the way for this US screening.
Here’s what I wrote at the time. And here’s a trailer;
No Heroics airs on DirecTV at 9pm … um… oh it seemed to have aired yesterday. You’ll probably still be able to catch it. Somehow. I wish someone would have told me before.
- DC Continues New Editions of Sandman for 30th Anniversary into 2019 - March 18, 2018
- Exclusive Relationships: J. Scott Campbell, Adi Granov, Dale Keown, Leinil Francis Yu and More - March 18, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 18th March 2018 – ‘And Now We Have A Horse Race’ as Marvel Steps Up - March 18, 2018
- Harley Quinn vs. Darkseid in Closer DC Continuity as Sam Humphries Writes Ongoing Series from #43 - March 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018