The newly revitalised Francis Ford Coppola is now in production with a “gothic romance/horror” called, amusingly enough, Twixt Now and Sunrise. The NY Times have published some excerpts taken from a statement by Coppola, providing some insight into his inspiration and ambition for the film, and revealing some of the cast.
Coppola is quoted as saying the film has “the imagery of Hawthorne or Poe” and “grew out of dream I had last year – more of a nightmare… I wanted to go back to the dream and get an ending. But I couldn’t fall back asleep so I recorded what I remembered right there and then on my phone”.
He later worked this into a short story, as is his usual technique, before developing it into a screenplay and now an actual feature film.
Part of the appeal, he says, was “that it was a gothic romance setting, so in fact I’d be able to do it all around my home base, rather than have to go to a distant country.”
As far as specific plot details go, the only significant clue is the casting of Elle Fanning as a young ghost called V. Also in the cast are Val Kilmer, Joanne Whalley (once Joanne Whalley-Kilmer), Bruce Dern, Ben Chaplin, Don Novello, David Paymer,and Alden Erenreich.
Coppola is filming now, and annticipates the shoot to last around five weeks. As for a release date, he believes that the film’s gothic horror tropes “may make it good for this time next year”. Maybe a Venice premiere ahead of a full Halloween rollout, then?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014