Right. Exactly. She doesn’t quite leave the impression of a sharp and savvy private eye, does she? But then again, I suppose, neither did Kristen Bell, once upon a time.
Ms. Cyrus has been tapped to star in So Undercover as “a tough, street-smart private investigator hired by the FBI to go undercover in the one place they’re unable to infiltrate – and a world she knows nothing about… a college sorority.”
If you’ve seen much of Bell’s TV show Veronica Mars you’ll see where the comparison comes in, particularly if you’ve seen what little there was of season 4, a short mini-episode made as proof of concept, and featuring Mars working for the FBI undercover at a high school. I hope you have seen it – it’s fantastic, just like seasons 1, 2 and 3.
So Undercover has been scripted by Allan Loeb and Steven Pearl and will be directed by When In Vegas perpetrator Tom Vaughan. Here’s a rather improbable statement from Mr. Pearl:
When Allan and I wrote this script, we didn’t dare try to believe we’d be lucky enough to land a talent like Miley. There really is no one who can play this role like she can. Coupled with Tom Vaughan’s smart, comedic vision, we’re convinced we have all the pieces for a great movie.
I miss you now more than ever, Veronica.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014