CrashWatch: The Great Comic Con Crash Of 2010 hits the international press.
MiracleWatch: The official announcement of the new publication of the graphic novel Miracleman. I’m sorry, Miracle Man. About an assassinated rabbi. So, who will dare sue for trademark infringement, Marvel or Todd?
The most obvious reason for these costumes being removed (while all other costumes are still available for purchase) is that Zynga received a knock on their door from DC Comics, who own the rights to Superman. Whether it was a phone call slap on the wrist or an actual Cease and Desist letter, we’re not sure. In fact, it could have been unrelated to DC Comics at all. However, something fishy is definitely going on. It’s unlike Zynga to take away items from players, remove them from the game entirely, and give out refunds.
“I had all these ideas. Why aren’t these comic book stores more like these bars or restaurants I work at? Why aren’t they like swanky lounges?” Sime says. “Why are they just little places to pick up stuff and leave? That’s not what I think a comic store should be.”
Jon Favreau has seen Hollywood’s future — at least as far as summer 2011 – and it looks a lot like “Saving Private Ryan.” “It’s Omaha Beach, it’s going to be a blood bath,” the filmmaker said Friday about next year’s crush of big special-effects films, remakes and sequels. “There’s never been a summer like this next summer. It’s going to be bloody [for filmmakers and the studios]. As we were sticking thumb tacks in a calendar we realized that this is going to be looked back upon as Omaha Beach.”
As before, the cover ideas began in my notebook. For this one, I wanted a kind of Egyptian Pharaoh/Tutankhamen take on the remains of Batman. By the time I’d decided he’d look really good standing up in a sarcophagus-shaped alcove, it was too late to explain exactly how a dead body was supposed to stand upright. Obviously anti-gravity or sturdy hooks were involved.
Alvin Greene shows off his comic book after losing Senate bid.
- Geoff Johns Talking With Bryan Hill to Tie Up Versions of The Outsiders - June 19, 2018
- Dan DiDio to Get Down With the Kids’ Dialogue in Sideways #8 - June 19, 2018
- Marvel September 2018 Solicits Launch Return Of Wolverine, Franklin Richards, Thanos Legacy, Asgardians and Iceman - June 19, 2018
- Full Image Comics September 2018 Solicitations – Launching Bully Wars, Man-Eaters, MCMLXXV, Burnouts, Cemetery Beach and OGNs Green Monk, HCHOM, Me The People and My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies - June 19, 2018
- The X-Men Gold #30 Wedding Twist Was Not Marc Guggenheim’s Idea (SPOILERS) - June 19, 2018