For some reason, there’s a few key details missing from The Coventry Telegraph‘s new post on Bryan Singer, but let’s have a look at what it does tell us, particularly with relevance to the casting, or not, of Hugh Jackman in X-Men: First Class.
Singer was speaking (to who?) at a recent film screening (where? when?) and addressed rumours that Wolvie would be turning up in Matthew Vaughn’s currently shooting X-prequel. Perhaps unsurprisingly, he said:
He’s not in the movie, he’s in the Wolverine movies.
And the three existing X-Men movies too, Bryan, I think you remember.
Since this mystery screening a Fox spokesperson has clarified to the Cov Tel:
X-Men hasn’t started shooting in Georgia yet and if Hugh was in Georgia, it wasn’t for this movie.
So what was that Facebook update all about? Some kind of hoax? A misunderstanding? Quick – go friend Mike Todd Sr. and offer him candy in return for the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
There’s more from Singer in the article, including this explanation of why First Class is set when it is:
We’ve set First Class in a time when the X-Men were conceived in the early 60s, up against political events that were happening – the early civil rights movement – and we have these kinds of events at a time when the world didn’t know mutants existed.
Can’t wait. I’ve got a good feeling about this one.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014