On Saturday evening, Mike Todd Sr. posted the following to his Facebook wall:
I drove Hugh Jackman from X-Men To the Airport this morning. They are filming on Jekyll…Cool guy!
Which would seem to tell us that Hugh Jackman was on the set of X-Men: First Class, currently filming on Jekyll Island. What we wouldn’t know is why – the film is set some years before the first X-Men film, in which we saw Logan’s original meetings with Xavier and Co.
I don’t know where to look for clues. The location Todd mentions at Jekyll is being used for scenes on the beach and a fishing pier. Are there any famous scenes in X-lore that would take place here? Do any of them feature Wolverine? A 60s era Wolverine? I can’t think of any reason that Wolverine would be on Muir Island, for example. Not in the movie series continuity.
There are other possible explanations, including the possibility Jackman was just visiting, not acting or that it wasn’t Jackman at all, but another actor who was misidentified.
Thanks to Filmonic for tweeting the Facebook link.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014