I’m still a little sad that we never got to see Tim Burton’s take on Superman. The film was going to star Nicolas Cage, which is odd and interesting enough, but pretty much every detail I have heard makes it sound like a genuinely original spin on (betrayal of?) Krypton’s favourite son. For the record, I was also pretty keen on the JJ Abrams and McG Superman proposal too. And, yes, I prefer the Richard Lester version of Superman 2 and enjoy my Superman Returns DVD every time I pop it on.
I’m probably not your typical Superman fan.
A Comicbook Movies user has pointed out a series of images on Steve Johnson’s Facebook page that show his designs for the original suit that would have featured in Burton’s film. This outfit have given the “Man of” his “Steel”.
I think they look quite a lot like the Green Lantern suit they’ve cooked up for the new movie. That’s not been hand-built, however, but is being achieved via CG.
There’s a good handful more snaps of Supes in Steve’s gallery.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014