A talented roster of horror directors are coming together for Paris, I’ll Kill You, a new anthology picture to be set in La Ville-Lumiere. The underlying premise is the same as with the successful love story compendium Paris, Je T’aime, only with more hearts that look like this:
and less that look like this:
I asked Vincenzo Natali, director of the superb Splice and first-class Cube, what else there is I can tell you about his segment in the film, and this is what he could reveal right now:
There isn’t too much to tell at the moment, but it’s a very exciting project and I’m honored to participate in the company of such esteemed filmmakers, a number of whom I know personally. Having had wonderful experience on Paris Je T’aime, I had no hesitation revisiting the world’s most beautiful city but this time with MORE blood. My segment takes place in the world of high fashion, it’s called Pret-a-Manger. I think that gives you a sense of the direction I’m going in. We haven’t begun casting yet but as far as I know we will be shooting in the spring.
You may recall Robert Altman’s satire of the fashion industry, Pret-a-Porter – though, on the other hand, you may not. I think we can agree that it wasn’t one of his best. Altman’s title was a fashion terms that translates to Ready to Wear, as in not bespoke, while Natali’s title Pret-a-Manger translates as Ready to Eat.
Yum. What a shame those size zeroes have barely an ounce of meat on them.
For more on Paris, I’ll Kill You, see my earlier report.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014