Freshly-minted BFI fellow Danny Boyle has revealed the interesting little hook he’s cooked up for his version of Frankenstein. One of the two projects that then director says will keep him from getting right on with 28 Months Later – the other being the opening ceremony for London’s 2012 Olympics – this retelling of Mary Shelley’s novel is being mounted not as a movie, but for the stage.
Boyle has told The Daily Mail that he’s cast Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller in the lead roles of Dr. Frankenstein and his monster. But which is which? That’s the funky bit: they’re going to share, alternating night by night.
A particularly theatrical conceit, and it should convince some die-hards to buy more than one ticket.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014