Those New Zealand tourist board ads that sell the place as Middle Earth on Earth don’t need to be thrown into the fire quite yet, as a deal has been struck that will see The Hobbit filmed in Peter Jackson’s mother country.
Here’s a little BBC video on the situation:
Well, that’s good news for the New Zealand film industry and, I’d imagine, the finished product. Jackson will have all the support he needs at his fingertips, and with none of the heartache of making the film overseas when he doesn’t want to, he should be able to maintain a clear, bright focus and deliver the goods.
Or it’s at least fair to say his having to make the films overseas when he didn’t want to surely couldn’t help matters.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014