With all the inevitability of death, taxes and being taxed because you’ve died (trust me, they’re working on it in a backroom somewhere), the sequels to Avatar have been announced. For now, they’re being called Avatar 2 and Avatar 3, though Cameron has previously promised that this wouldn’t be the case – it wouldn’t make plot sense, he said.
By press release he opened his heart about this “rare and remarkable opportunity when a filmmaker gets to build a fantasy world, and watch it grow, with the resources and partnership of a global media company”. Oh, Jim, I know. How touching it is that Fox want some sequels to the biggest grossing movie of all time.
The films have been given release dates of Dec 2014 and December 2015, with Cameron planning to capture them both as though one giant film and then share out the post production work (if that term really still applies on a film like this) over the years until release.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014