Here’s the cover to tomorrow’s relaunch of Dandy as a weekly children’s comic anthology again. It features, as promised Harry Hill on the cover. The publisher DC Thomson promise a new strip written by the cover featured Harry Hill and drawn by Nigel Parkinson entitled Harry Hill’s Real-Life Adventures in TV-Land (Featuring Knitted Character) which draws from the TV Burp programme.
New characters in the comic include Pepperoni Pig, Postman Prat, Clive 5, Bill Oddie-Watch, The ZZZ-Team, The Y-Factor and Bear Thrills. Returning characters include Desperate Dan (pictured below) and Bananaman. The reality TV format will also be reflected in that readers can vote out unpopular characters and strips in favour of new characters.
The publisher is keen to insist that Harry Hill is writing the strip himself, saying “As he writes the strip himself, I’m not always exactly sure what’s going to be appearing each week so I’m as eager as everyone else to find out” and Nigel Parkinson seems to have taken exception to Bleeding Cool’s previous report to the contrary, but we did talk to Harry Hill’s writers who indicated otherwise.
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 18th March 2018 – ‘And Now We Have A Horse Race’ as Marvel Steps Up - March 18, 2018
- Harley Quinn vs. Darkseid in Closer DC Continuity as Sam Humphries Writes Ongoing Series from #43 - March 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018
- In the Wake of Doomsday Clock, DC Comics Collects Don McGregor and Gene Colan’s Nathaniel Dusk - March 17, 2018
- Jim Lee’s First Two Pages for Brian Bendis’ Action Comics #1000 – and a Six Hour Video of Him Drawing One - March 17, 2018