Here’s the cover to tomorrow’s relaunch of Dandy as a weekly children’s comic anthology again. It features, as promised Harry Hill on the cover. The publisher DC Thomson promise a new strip written by the cover featured Harry Hill and drawn by Nigel Parkinson entitled Harry Hill’s Real-Life Adventures in TV-Land (Featuring Knitted Character) which draws from the TV Burp programme.
New characters in the comic include Pepperoni Pig, Postman Prat, Clive 5, Bill Oddie-Watch, The ZZZ-Team, The Y-Factor and Bear Thrills. Returning characters include Desperate Dan (pictured below) and Bananaman. The reality TV format will also be reflected in that readers can vote out unpopular characters and strips in favour of new characters.
The publisher is keen to insist that Harry Hill is writing the strip himself, saying “As he writes the strip himself, I’m not always exactly sure what’s going to be appearing each week so I’m as eager as everyone else to find out” and Nigel Parkinson seems to have taken exception to Bleeding Cool’s previous report to the contrary, but we did talk to Harry Hill’s writers who indicated otherwise.
- 2 Grant Morrison Stories in Ahoy Comics’ First Solicits for September 2018 - June 20, 2018
- Is Harvey Dent a Confirmed DC Comics Bisexual Character Now? - June 20, 2018
- Alan Moore’s Jerusalem in Paperback: Liveright September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- William the Last and Mobster Graveyard Launch in Antarctic Press September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- The Devil Within, a Comic Based on a Real Story About Possession – in Black Mask September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018