Bet you’ve missed me doing this haven’t you? Sarah Jane Adventures just broadcast the first part of the two parter, Death Of The Doctor, by Russell T Davies.
1. This Is A Children’s TV Show About Death
So we have denial, we have mourning, we have the celebration of life, memories and friends that comes in its wake. Of course now every kid will be thinking that their dead grandfather can come back to life, possibly via one of their friends, if they get an electric shock. Which won’t make things confusing at funerals, oh no.
2. Keeping The Absent Cast Member On A Web Cam
A bit like William Hartnell in The Three Doctors.
3. UNIT Really Look Like The Guardian Angels These Days.
Those Raspberry Berets do look a little odd. Although possibly not as much as carving an industrail headquarters into the side of Mass Snowdon. Not exactly covert, that one. And how many soliders do they have to go through so that they have a whole wing dedicated to funerals? Moral of this piece of information. Don’t work for UNIT.
3. And The Shan Sheeth Look Like Bernie Clifton’s Ostrich
Actually, they look less like his ostrich and more like Bernie Clifton himself. Either that or a bit like a Terrahawk. The least convincing this about this episodes are the really poor looking aliens. Although they do Doctor Who theme of having aliens look like Earth animals. And they play a mean harp.
4, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Grask
5. Forget The Vultures, Jo Grant Looks Rather Like A Frog These Days
And that’s her grandson, not her toyboy. Though it takes us quite a while to work that out. I wonder if he’ll be Shan Sheeth fodder? There is a funeral, someone has to die.
6. Bonding Over Peladon
Whether of Curse or a Beast, these two do have a shared history, even if they never met. And even though Sarah Jane seems to have got the better chunk of it of late.
7. Jo Grant Does Say The Word “Daleks” With A Hint Of Orgasm. I Wonder Why?
Oh, that’s why.
8. The Doctor And Child Endangerment
Well done Doctor, you’ve stranded Clive in a dangerous location 10,000 light years away. No, really, well done. Bravo. Did they teah you that on Gallifrey? Seriously, what are you thinking? You’re meant to find the other solution…
9. Now The Doctor’s Making Gags About Jo’s Appearance
This from a man who looks like he’s been drawn by Frank Quitely. Still it is very tempting.
10. That’s How You Do A Teaser After A Cliffhanger Ending.
Imminent death, big effects, and nothing in the teaser that shows you how, of even it, he gets out of it.
Second part tomorrow…
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018