Once upon a time*, I read about Brian Lynch’s plans for a Road Runner spin-off courtroom comedy. The premise was simple: a live action film with just one animated character, Wile. E Coyote, and he would be suing ACME for all of the hurt and pain they’ve caused him. I spent a good while digging for info on that project, and while there was little more to be discovered, I continued to be enthusiastic about it even after it had obviously rolled to the back of the shelf and become covered in cobwebs.
Tonight, I read at The Hollywood Reporter, of another, vaguely similar project:
Kevin and Dan Hageman have sold an original pitch to Warner Bros. that could very well explode in their faces… a feature film around the fictional ACME warehouse.
That hook doesn’t really compete with the sharp one Lynch cooked up, and I also can’t help but think of that scene near the end of Roger Rabbit with the singing sword and so on, but anything Looney Tunes catches my eye. I’ll just try to be optimistic and hope for more than a hapless everyman storyline in the vein of Night at the Museum.
*199X. I think it was around the time I met Rich.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014