Round one. If the upcoming True Lies TV show is a clunker, will we be able to blame James Cameron? Here’s what he told Movieweb:
I’m not really doing that. That was initiated by others, friends of mine who wanted to do that and I said, God yes, but do I have to show up and do anything? They said, absolutely not… Well there was a number of sequel scripts but no, I have nothing to do with it. So if it is great, you heard it here, I had nothing to do with it. If it sucks, I had nothing to do with it!
Round two. If the upcoming Star Wars 3D conversions are clunkers, how much blame can we lay at James Cameron’s door?Here’s how he was quoted at Blastr:
I’ve been encouraging him [George] to do that [to Star Wars] for years. He and I went to ShoWest in 2005 and he showed a little bit of converted Star Wars and I showed some of my 3D stuff, and we said, 3D is coming. We wanted to get exhibitors excited about 3D so they’d put it in the number of screens that we needed.
Round three. If Sigourney Weaver’s character comes back from the dead in Avatar 2, who do we have to blame for that? Here’s a quote from Coming Soon:
Nobody dies in a science fiction movie. Whether Grace lives or dies depends more on Sigourney’s agent than anything.
So, let’s take a look at the final score. Round one went to Jim, round two went to Jim and round three was a tie between Jim and Sigourney Weaver’s agent.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014