At the New York Comic Con, Managing Editor Mike Pellerito stated that the lawsuit brought against them by Sonic comic writer Ken Penders for characters he had created for the comic being used in other media, had been kicked into touch.
He told TSSZ News that “a single phone call by Archie’s legal department to former Sonic writer Ken Penders laid to rest the debate over the copyright claims he made.” He also called the case “bizzare and unfounded,” and that Penders won’t be making those claims again.
Well that doesn’t seem to be the case. Ken Penders has told Bleeding Cool that this issue has not been resolved.
My claim has merit and I continue to use every legal means at my disposal to protect and preserve my rights. It’s bizarre that Archie would make a public statement that indicates otherwise.
I’m sure if they just gave him a hundred gold rings he’d go away…
- Did You Notice It’s Inauguration Day? This Week’s Comic Books Did… - January 20, 2017
- Black Panther & The Crew To Become Marvel’s Third Black Panther Monthly Comic - January 20, 2017
- Philip Stead And Erin Stead Complete Mark Twain’s Lost Book, The Purloining Of Prince Oleomargarine - January 20, 2017
- Frank Cho – No Nudity, Just Catholic Nuns In Bikinis - January 20, 2017
- A Sneak Peek At The Best Selling Comic Of 2017 – Could It Be Obelix The Gaul? - January 20, 2017