At the New York Comic Con, Managing Editor Mike Pellerito stated that the lawsuit brought against them by Sonic comic writer Ken Penders for characters he had created for the comic being used in other media, had been kicked into touch.
He told TSSZ News that “a single phone call by Archie’s legal department to former Sonic writer Ken Penders laid to rest the debate over the copyright claims he made.” He also called the case “bizzare and unfounded,” and that Penders won’t be making those claims again.
Well that doesn’t seem to be the case. Ken Penders has told Bleeding Cool that this issue has not been resolved.
My claim has merit and I continue to use every legal means at my disposal to protect and preserve my rights. It’s bizarre that Archie would make a public statement that indicates otherwise.
I’m sure if they just gave him a hundred gold rings he’d go away…
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017
- George Pérez Not At East Coast Comic Con Today, Amid Health Concerns - April 29, 2017
- 46 Sketches And Commissions Bought At C2E2, From Sharp To Stelfreeze, From Roux To Rossmo - April 29, 2017