At the New York Comic Con, Managing Editor Mike Pellerito stated that the lawsuit brought against them by Sonic comic writer Ken Penders for characters he had created for the comic being used in other media, had been kicked into touch.
He told TSSZ News that “a single phone call by Archie’s legal department to former Sonic writer Ken Penders laid to rest the debate over the copyright claims he made.” He also called the case “bizzare and unfounded,” and that Penders won’t be making those claims again.
Well that doesn’t seem to be the case. Ken Penders has told Bleeding Cool that this issue has not been resolved.
My claim has merit and I continue to use every legal means at my disposal to protect and preserve my rights. It’s bizarre that Archie would make a public statement that indicates otherwise.
I’m sure if they just gave him a hundred gold rings he’d go away…
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017