In the last few weeks, everything we thought we knew about the big-screen adaptation of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies pretty much fell away. Now, Natalie Portman is just producing, no longer starring, and original director David O. Russell has moved on to other things. So there needs to be some fresh meat tossed in to the pit.
Deadline have scattered about the names of directors that could well be taking up the reigns: The Descent‘s Neil Marshall, Hard Candy‘s David Slade and and Prince of Persia‘s Mike Newell, with Newell identified as the frontrunner. I guess that’s on the basis of him having delivered both period movies and literary adaptations alongside FX-heavy, tentpole fare.
The best list of actors under consideration comes from Bloody Disgusting who say that Bradley Cooper, Tilda Swinton and Mia Wasikowska have all been offered roles. Cooper was one of Russell’s picks. Also under consideration, just before Russell bailed, was Scarlett Johansson but there’s no mention of her here. It isn’t necessarily so that she and Wasikowska were being offered the lead role of Eliza Bennett, but I would bet on it.
I’m doubting more and more that these zombies are going to act the way we want them to. I can smell PG-13 all over this thing. But let’s wait and see.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014