Benoît Jacquot is assembling an all-star cast for his adaptation of Chantal Thomas’ Les Adieux à la Reine (Farewell, My Queen). Just three names on the list so far, but they work well as survey of venerable French cinema actors: elder statesman Gerard Depardieu; in-demand young star in Lea Seydoux; and sometimes-I-forget-she’s-French crossover queen, Eva Green. I can smell the Cesars from here.
From what I’ve read of Thomas’ novel, it seems that Eva Green will be playing Marie Antoinette, and Lea Seydoux a reader to the queen who bears witness to the fall of the Bastille. French Premiere make specific reference to a role for the detached head of the executed King Louis’, so I’ll posit a theory that maybe – just maybe – said tête will be essayed by Depardieu.
Jacquot’s most recent film is Deep In The Woods, a period romantic thriller that seems to flirt with gentle, surreal fantasy. Here’s its French trailer:
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014