Mark Millar says that he’s been fielding calls from interested parties looking to turn his comic series Superior into a movie. Today, he says, he’s heard from a director and a producer and he’ll be speaking to them both again tomorrow, along with two more folk – he doesn’t give their job titles, however.
Of his first two stage-door darlings he says:
One of them I absolutely love and this is definitely in his comfort zone. The other was a curve-ball, a producer who has worked on lots of big family movies with the director he’s proposing, but strangely has never done a superhero flick before.
Can you fit those descriptions to names?
Millar closes out his post with some his typical, brilliantly Barnumesque business:
But get this: Both guys had casting ideas already and suggested the same dude: Mister Jon Hamm from Mad Men, whom I absolutely love. This is by no means guaranteed casting, but interesting that they both suggested the same guy. Will keep you posted as events happen, but I think this could be an interesting week.
“This is by no means guaranteed casting”.You don’t say. But I suppose that Jon Hamm makes for a very clickable headline… [nonchalant whistle, walks away]
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014