- Noah Baumbach
- Adam Cooper & Bill Collage
- Leslie Dixon
- Russell Gewirtz
- Ted Griffin
- Jeff Nathanson
- Rawson Marshall Thurber
Some of those have done stellar work before now, so it’s hard to not expect at least scattered fragments of wit, interesting construction or character writing. As for how coherent the shooting script has ended up depends, I suppose, on who did the final draft.
The film is to be directed by Brett Ratner, so cue disapproving mutterings in the forum. He’s busy rounding up his cast, and had already nailed down Ben Stiller as the lead, and Alan Alda as the villain and now, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Eddie Murphy has now joined the cast as “a safe-cracking thug who may or may not betray Stiller and his gang”.
Gang? What gang? Okay, let’s rewind and also get their account of the film’s set-up:
The story follows a team of operations and maintenance workers at a Manhattan luxury high-rise who use their inside knowledge of the building to stage an intricate choreographed heist of its penthouse tenant, a Wall Street capitalist (Alda) who defrauded the rank-and-file staff of their pensions.
Once upon a time, the film was set to star a roster of black leads, with Chris Rock apparently in line for the role that Stiller now has. Why the change? I don’t know, but its obvious how it has changed the film’s basic statement of intent somewhat.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014