Unveiled at NYCC was next Summer’s new Cap series. From Marvel:
The Astonishing line of titles gets a tad more patriotic next summer when writer Andy Diggle teams with artist Adi Granov for the five-issue limited series Astonishing Captain America, placing the shield-wielding hero of WWII in a brand new war of today.
Judging from the cover of the first issue, we’ll at least start in WWII however:
Same costume at least.
Let’s go out on a limb. Maybe… maybe Diggle’s story has it’s opening scenes in the timeline of the Cap movie, then plays out it’s main plotline in the period just before the Avengers movie for this “brand new war of today”.
Doesn’t sound impossible and it’s certainly being released at the right time…
UPDATE: But Diggle says no. The appearance of a near-identical costume in both these comics in the film are the result of either a) coincidence b) Adi Granov’s preferences c) an attempt at marketing synergy.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014