He’s still there. And now he’s got a promotion. Bob Wayne, ex-Texan retailer, has been working in Sales at DC for, well, as long as I can remember. He’s seen administrations come and go, his job and power base threatened, new bosses repeatedly brought in for him to report to and of late uncertainty at every turn.
But Bob Wayne is a rock. A retailer’s friend. And reputedly the only man at DC Comics with the reputation to make the direct market work for company. And he’s now been made a Senior Vice President of DC Comics in charge of Sales. Announced at the Diamond Retailer Breakfast at NYCC by Dan DiDio, to a resoundant cheer from the retailers, Bob Wayne also announced that the Sales Department at DC Comics would remain in New York.
I’d speculate that this has to partially be so that DC Comics can keep Bob Wayne.
Bleeding Cool previously reported that Bob Wayne’s current boss, Steve Rotterdam will be stepping down from DC as part of the reorganisation.
It’s good to be the Bob.
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018