He’s still there. And now he’s got a promotion. Bob Wayne, ex-Texan retailer, has been working in Sales at DC for, well, as long as I can remember. He’s seen administrations come and go, his job and power base threatened, new bosses repeatedly brought in for him to report to and of late uncertainty at every turn.
But Bob Wayne is a rock. A retailer’s friend. And reputedly the only man at DC Comics with the reputation to make the direct market work for company. And he’s now been made a Senior Vice President of DC Comics in charge of Sales. Announced at the Diamond Retailer Breakfast at NYCC by Dan DiDio, to a resoundant cheer from the retailers, Bob Wayne also announced that the Sales Department at DC Comics would remain in New York.
I’d speculate that this has to partially be so that DC Comics can keep Bob Wayne.
Bleeding Cool previously reported that Bob Wayne’s current boss, Steve Rotterdam will be stepping down from DC as part of the reorganisation.
It’s good to be the Bob.
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017