He’s still there. And now he’s got a promotion. Bob Wayne, ex-Texan retailer, has been working in Sales at DC for, well, as long as I can remember. He’s seen administrations come and go, his job and power base threatened, new bosses repeatedly brought in for him to report to and of late uncertainty at every turn.
But Bob Wayne is a rock. A retailer’s friend. And reputedly the only man at DC Comics with the reputation to make the direct market work for company. And he’s now been made a Senior Vice President of DC Comics in charge of Sales. Announced at the Diamond Retailer Breakfast at NYCC by Dan DiDio, to a resoundant cheer from the retailers, Bob Wayne also announced that the Sales Department at DC Comics would remain in New York.
I’d speculate that this has to partially be so that DC Comics can keep Bob Wayne.
Bleeding Cool previously reported that Bob Wayne’s current boss, Steve Rotterdam will be stepping down from DC as part of the reorganisation.
It’s good to be the Bob.
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017
- First Look At The Doctor Who Christmas Special – And A Look Back At Peter Capaldi’s Time As The doctor - July 23, 2017