He’s still there. And now he’s got a promotion. Bob Wayne, ex-Texan retailer, has been working in Sales at DC for, well, as long as I can remember. He’s seen administrations come and go, his job and power base threatened, new bosses repeatedly brought in for him to report to and of late uncertainty at every turn.
But Bob Wayne is a rock. A retailer’s friend. And reputedly the only man at DC Comics with the reputation to make the direct market work for company. And he’s now been made a Senior Vice President of DC Comics in charge of Sales. Announced at the Diamond Retailer Breakfast at NYCC by Dan DiDio, to a resoundant cheer from the retailers, Bob Wayne also announced that the Sales Department at DC Comics would remain in New York.
I’d speculate that this has to partially be so that DC Comics can keep Bob Wayne.
Bleeding Cool previously reported that Bob Wayne’s current boss, Steve Rotterdam will be stepping down from DC as part of the reorganisation.
It’s good to be the Bob.
- Iron Fist #1, A New Introduction Of The Familiar - April 24, 2017
- When Mary Jane And Spider-Gwen Become Venom – The Restricted Marvel True Believers Panel From C2E2 - April 24, 2017
- Eric Powell To Publish Brendon Small’s Galaktikon As A Comic Book - April 24, 2017
- Stan Lee Cameo In “Fresh Off The Boat” Just Before Free Comic Book Day And The Comic By Gene Luen Yang and Jorge Corona - April 24, 2017
- Chris Evans To Read A Superhero Bedtime Story On British TV Next Month - April 24, 2017