UPDATE: Mr. Clarke himself has denied this on Twitter. Which means we’ve fallen foul of a misinformation campaign… but we know who to blame.
I’ve checked this out with a couple of sources now, and they agree: Mad Max director George Miller has put Noel Clarke in line for a trip down his Fury Road.
The 3D Mad Max sequels – there’s going to be two, likely to be filmed less back-to-back, more higgled-and-piggled-up – will be finally going into production next year. All things being well, Noel Clarke will be along for the ride.
Clarke, if you don’t know him, came to mainstream popularity in the UK after playing a sidekick role on Doctor Who then became a multi-hyphenate one man brand on the British film scene. Just this week, Bleeding Cool spoke to him about his recent exploitation picture 18.104.22.168 and his upcoming comic book project.
The rest of the Fury Road cast include:
- Tom Hardy as Max
- Charlize Theron (and Annabelle Williams) as Furiosa*
- Zoe Kravitz as Five Wives or as one of five wives
- Adelaide Clemens as, perhaps, one of five wives
- Nicholas Hoult as… someone?
After being linked to the project for some time, Teresa Palmer never finally signed on. It looks like slipping and sliding schedules were to blame. And Riley Keough may have signed on by now, but she hadn’t, quite, the last time this was a buzz topic.
What will Clarke do in the movie? No idea. If you do, please let us know.
*According to reports. I don’t think the name is officially confirmed, yet.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014