Alternative headline for this story: How Corseted Zombie Killer Natalie Portman Knocked Scarlett Johansson Out Of A Secretarial Job Underneath Vince Vaughn.
David O. Russell has been working on both Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Old St. Louis, apparently with the goal of shooting them in that order. To make them both fit, however, it appears he had to set quite a tight calendar.
When Natalie Portman, Zombies‘ producer and star, couldn’t co-ordinate into Russell’s preferred timing, he ducked out. This means that Old St. Louis has been keyed up for a spring start and, as a result, Scarlett Johansson won’t be able to appear. She had been on for a role as the part time lover/secretary of Vince Vaughn’s lead character – now, they’ll be looking to recast.
Happy side effect? This new calendar might well allow Chloe Moretz to sign on as Vaughn’s daughter. Nobody told us, but apparently she’d already dropped out because of a scheduling clash.
Implication buzzing away below the surface: Russell will happily direct your zombie film but not if it gets in the way of something he considers more interesting?
There we are: all in re-order. Well, assuming I’ve passed my Vulture-based reading comprehension test.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014