Gil Jourdan is an all-ages crime series by now-deceased author Maurice Tillieux, one of the least known classic Belgian “golden age” creators. It was quite daring for its time and is still an eminently readable and enjoyable comic now, over 50 years later, in line with such classics as Asterix and Tintin.
And someone at Fantagraphics must agree as they are publishing the first volume in June, the first time the series has been translated into English.
Gil Jourdan adventures concentrate around three individuals, Jourdan a private investigator, Libellule a burgular and Inspector Crouton as they travel the world assisting with each others cases. The series portrayed rather grimmer and grittier locals than, say, Tintin, and was full of car chases. We can expect great things!
- Sherlock Holmes And John Watson – A Boy, His Bear And Endless Adventures - January 16, 2017
- The Bleeding Cool Dad & Kid Reviews: LadyCastle #1, Bad Machinery: The Case of the Unknown Visitor - January 15, 2017
- Yes, That Was Paul Weller In Tonight’s Series Finale Of Sherlock (No Spoilers) - January 15, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 15th January 2017 – Concern About The Comic Book National Debt - January 15, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 15th January 2016 – “DC Continues To Sell Circles Around Marvel” - January 15, 2017