Gil Jourdan is an all-ages crime series by now-deceased author Maurice Tillieux, one of the least known classic Belgian “golden age” creators. It was quite daring for its time and is still an eminently readable and enjoyable comic now, over 50 years later, in line with such classics as Asterix and Tintin.
And someone at Fantagraphics must agree as they are publishing the first volume in June, the first time the series has been translated into English.
Gil Jourdan adventures concentrate around three individuals, Jourdan a private investigator, Libellule a burgular and Inspector Crouton as they travel the world assisting with each others cases. The series portrayed rather grimmer and grittier locals than, say, Tintin, and was full of car chases. We can expect great things!
- DC SVP Says Doomsday Clock #1 Will Be The Best-Selling Comic Of The Year, Then Run For 12 Issues - July 21, 2017
- Todd McFarlane And ‘Get Out’ Producers To Make Spawn Film - July 21, 2017
- DC Comics SVP Says Retailers Should Have Ordered More Copies Of Metal #1 - July 21, 2017
- Marvel Comics Planning A Thrawn Series And Funko Pops Based On Star Wars Comics - July 21, 2017
- Disney Creating All-Ages Marvel Titles, Starting With A Spider-Man Christmas Special - July 21, 2017