Gil Jourdan is an all-ages crime series by now-deceased author Maurice Tillieux, one of the least known classic Belgian “golden age” creators. It was quite daring for its time and is still an eminently readable and enjoyable comic now, over 50 years later, in line with such classics as Asterix and Tintin.
And someone at Fantagraphics must agree as they are publishing the first volume in June, the first time the series has been translated into English.
Gil Jourdan adventures concentrate around three individuals, Jourdan a private investigator, Libellule a burgular and Inspector Crouton as they travel the world assisting with each others cases. The series portrayed rather grimmer and grittier locals than, say, Tintin, and was full of car chases. We can expect great things!
- The Siegel and Shuster Lost Superman Story that Marv Wolfman Rescued as a Boy - January 23, 2018
- Thanos #15, Avengers #677 and #678 Go to Second Print Before Even Going on Sale - January 23, 2018
- Venom to Get an “Epic” in the Fall of 2018… Another One? - January 23, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward - January 23, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018