Gil Jourdan is an all-ages crime series by now-deceased author Maurice Tillieux, one of the least known classic Belgian “golden age” creators. It was quite daring for its time and is still an eminently readable and enjoyable comic now, over 50 years later, in line with such classics as Asterix and Tintin.
And someone at Fantagraphics must agree as they are publishing the first volume in June, the first time the series has been translated into English.
Gil Jourdan adventures concentrate around three individuals, Jourdan a private investigator, Libellule a burgular and Inspector Crouton as they travel the world assisting with each others cases. The series portrayed rather grimmer and grittier locals than, say, Tintin, and was full of car chases. We can expect great things!
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017