According to Michael Ausiello at Entertainment Weekly, the show has been pitched as “Modern Family meets True Blood“. Not a very convincing pitch, if you ask me. But slightly more convincing than “new TV version of The Munsters.”
I’m sure Fuller will do everything he can to create a personal, considered and smart pilot episode but… The Munsters? Really?
In fact, I’m tempted to write “The Munsters? Really?” on a nice sheet of vellum and in my best cursive script and get a flying monkey to shoot it round to Guillermo del Toro’s place for me. According to Ausiello’s story, del Toro is “eyeing a behind-the-scenes role in the project”. What does that even mean? Apart from a guaranteed auditon for Ron Perlman when it comes to casting Herman?
There’s talent here, but they’ve got an awful lot of baggage to be humping between them. Good luck.
UPDATE: Guillermo del Toro has issued as statement via GDT Films about his involvement in this project and the Dr. Strange movie. Or, rather…
As it often happens, the MUNSTERS news just add up to the illusion of the overflow of projects that I am NOT involved in. I am not involved in this ABC reboot even if I admire Byan Fuller enormously. And, no- I am not involved in DR. STRANGE either…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014