The heroes of Ian Sharman and Ezequial Pineda’s comic series Alpha Gods are the DEHA, The Department of Extra Human Affairs. Think: The Men In Black meet Hellboy‘s BPRD if they were peopled by The New Mutants. Actually… I’ve just sold it somewhat short there. I trust somebody rather more familiar with the series will step up and bat for it on the forum in more informed and eloquent terms than I have managed (Sharman? Pineda? Are you Little Bleeders?)
Today, Bleeding Cool has learned that the series is on the way to the silver screen. Scorpio Studios have optioned the series from Orang Utan Comics with the intent to make a feature film.
Looking at Scorpio’s previous slate, they’re certainly not shy of genre fare, but they also seem particularly keen to target family audiences. They look to me like Narnia and Bridge to Teribithia producers Walden Media on a lower budget. They don’t appear to have adapted any comics before, so perhaps this project is the dawning of a new approach for them, on one front or another.
Something tells me that Kevin Summerfield is the way-out-in-front favourite to direct the film.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014