Heidi MacDonald of The Beat is reporting that Pichetshote, Vankin and Hilty, all in editorial roles at DC Vertigo, are being laid off as part of the DC Entertainment reorganisation.
These are the same three names Bleeding Cool heard last week when I wrote “Not at Vertigo though. I’m told three familiar editorial employees from the imprint have been laid off. At least one should be a very obvious recruitment target for Marvel – and could pull a fair few creators with him.”
At the time the people involved may not have told their families, so I held off naming anyone- and then was away in Treviso and couldn’t follow up properly.
Jonathan Vankin and Joan Hilty have overseen Vertigo’s original graphic novel line,one aspect I have heard repeated criticism over from DC executives, claiming the cost and expensive of such projects against sales – though this is the area of Vertigo that gets most mainstream accreditation.
The one I named as a recruitment target was Pornsak Pichetshote. His rumoured dismissal was a surprise to many last week, especially those who believed he was being groomed for great things at DC. And his recent championing of the award-winning The Unwritten by Mike Care and Peter Gross does smack rather of Heidi MacDonald’s own dismissal from Vertigo after landing Brian Vaughn and Pia Guerra’s Y The Last Man.
- New Comic Store Opens in Herceg Novi, Montenegro - November 19, 2018
- Wow Cool Comic Store to Close in Cupertino in April 2019 - November 19, 2018
- Will Slam Bradley Stay In 80 Years Of Batman Hardcover? - November 19, 2018
- Preview of Lorraine Cink’s Powers of a Girl: A Celebration of 30 Marvel Superheroes - November 19, 2018
- A Couple Who Stan Lee Married, Open Krazzy Comics Store in Gahanna, Ohio - November 19, 2018