Heidi MacDonald of The Beat is reporting that Pichetshote, Vankin and Hilty, all in editorial roles at DC Vertigo, are being laid off as part of the DC Entertainment reorganisation.
These are the same three names Bleeding Cool heard last week when I wrote “Not at Vertigo though. I’m told three familiar editorial employees from the imprint have been laid off. At least one should be a very obvious recruitment target for Marvel – and could pull a fair few creators with him.”
At the time the people involved may not have told their families, so I held off naming anyone- and then was away in Treviso and couldn’t follow up properly.
Jonathan Vankin and Joan Hilty have overseen Vertigo’s original graphic novel line,one aspect I have heard repeated criticism over from DC executives, claiming the cost and expensive of such projects against sales – though this is the area of Vertigo that gets most mainstream accreditation.
The one I named as a recruitment target was Pornsak Pichetshote. His rumoured dismissal was a surprise to many last week, especially those who believed he was being groomed for great things at DC. And his recent championing of the award-winning The Unwritten by Mike Care and Peter Gross does smack rather of Heidi MacDonald’s own dismissal from Vertigo after landing Brian Vaughn and Pia Guerra’s Y The Last Man.
- Walking Dead Day Announced For October 13th, With Retailer Exclusive Variants Of #1 - May 23, 2018
- Zorro and Edgar Rice Burroughs Return in American Mythology August 2018 Solicits - May 23, 2018
- 5 Presents Brian Michael Bendis Left Behind for the Marvel Universe in Invincible Iron Man #600 [Spoilers] - May 23, 2018
- A New Look – and Name – For Amadeus Cho’s Hulk (SPOILERS) - May 23, 2018
- Midnight Tiger Strong and Double Jumpers: Full Circle Jerks Launch From Action Lab in August 2018 Solicitations - May 23, 2018