Lonely cosplayers finally have an outlet to hook up and explore a unique vision of love replete with latex, loincloths and choke collars. No, we’re not talking about a seedy S&M parlor with sticky floors and poor ventilation.
Ladies and gentlemen, prepare yourselves for the New York Comic-Con’s very own COSPLAY DATING GAME.
There’s good news and bad news, kids.
I’m a half-empty kinda guy, so let’s start with the BAD, shall we?
According to a message thread on Cosplay.com
1) This is no actual dating. It’s just a game show.
2) There is a formal application process, including submitting pictures/links of your costume and information about the character.
3) They MAY take comic book characters if (their words) “we’re desperate enough.”
Once AGAIN, comics fans are relegated to the lowest tier of social acceptance! We don’t even warrant competing against PREFERRED cosplayers such as:
- Video Games
Let’s look at the GOOD news.
1) You must be at least 17 years old. (This minimizes exposure for audience members to should unnecessary burdens regarding underage pervyness)
2) If selected, contestant must prepare his or her own questions. (The chance for unscripted debacle improves exponentially)
3) Contestant’s CHARACTER will be doing the dating game, not themselves. (Nuff said)
4) State if you wish to be a bachelor/bachelorette or a suitor. (Interesting…there could be some alternative dating possibilities.)
Interested parties should note that all e-mail entries must be submitted to NYAFdatinggame@gmail.com by October 1st.
The NYCC Cosplay Dating Game is scheduled Saturday from 10:30 to 11:30 am.
- DC Continues New Editions of Sandman for 30th Anniversary into 2019 - March 18, 2018
- Exclusive Relationships: J. Scott Campbell, Adi Granov, Dale Keown, Leinil Francis Yu and More - March 18, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 18th March 2018 – ‘And Now We Have A Horse Race’ as Marvel Steps Up - March 18, 2018
- Harley Quinn vs. Darkseid in Closer DC Continuity as Sam Humphries Writes Ongoing Series from #43 - March 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018