Here’s a name that was missing from Deadline’s hit list of potential Superman directors: The Wrestler and Black Swan’s Darren Aronofsky (and I doubt very much he was the mystery man making Harry Knowles sigh, don’t you?)
Aronofsky really seems to be going from strength to strength, and should he choose to take the gig, I’m sure he’d make a great Superman picture. But is it even his to take or turn down? Maybe not quite yet.
Aronofsky’s name has been thrown up by The LA Times. They’ve learned that he’s had discussions with producers Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas. Yep – him and everybody else. But even though he’s one of many, Aronofsky strikes me as one of the best options.
Lest we forget, he’s also had talks about directing the upcoming Wolverine picture. That one might seem to be the favorite, seeing as it would reteam him with Hugh Jackman, an actor he appears to have developed a great working relationship with on The Fountain. And, according to our info, the script for that next Wolverine picture is quite the humdinger too.
Ultimately, I don’t care which project Aronofsky chooses as long as he chooses one and is given the control he needs to make it the way he wants. I like Superman just fine, and I like Wolverine too, but I’m more swayed by who the man in the canvas chair is than the man in the four-colour costume.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014