I’m about to geek out.
When Josh Brolin was rumoured for a lead role in Jason Reitman’s next picture, Young Adult, I expressed some dismay at how the character of Buddy Slade is written as “a little less handsome than Brolin”. Now, no offense is meant to Patrick Wilson, but he’s a much better choice for the role. Reading that he’s in talks at The LA Times, I was buoyed and enthusiastic and then clicking over to The Hollywood Reporter to see that he had apparently now signed on, I was pretty much over the moon.
But it’s even better. According to those same sources, Patton Oswalt has signed up to play the third lead. It’s a role that THR describe like this:
crippled, self-loathing man who had a crush on Theron when they were in high school
and that Diablo Cody introduces like this in the script:
sad-faced and overweight
Oswalt has a recurring role in Cody’s superb The United States of Tara and has been pretty much bang-on in everything he’s done. Now… can we please get a decent UK release of Big Fan, the Robert Siegel film that he toplined?
Young Adult is in prep now and starts rolling in November.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014