Not a bit of it, it seems. I’m told that we are to expect their continued publication, some through DC Comics central and some through the Vertigo brand. Naturally the staff at Wildstorm have had to be talked to first, before the creators of the books, but what I’m hearing is generally positive. About the books, that is.
I understand Tom Strong: Planet Of Peril by Pete Hogan and Chris Sprouse is still a go. Gail Simone has tweeted that
“Welcome to Tranquility is going to continue to come out as scheduled, no worries, everyone who asked!”
Kurt Busiek similarly addressed issues earlier regarding Astro City saying
“To all who’ve been asking: They haven’t said anything yet about creator-owned Wildstorm books. Presumably they want to talk to us first”
“I don’t think you’re going to hear about ASTRO CITY moving to DE or IDW any time soon.”
And as to the stack of planned-and-written series that were waiting announcement from Wildstorm, there are likely to see publication too.
I’ve been seeing a number of relieved e-mails. Welcome to tranquility indeed…
- Filip Sablik and Ross Richie Address ComicsPRO on BOOM! Studios as a Premier Publisher at Diamond - February 23, 2018
- Publishing Dates for DC Zoom and DC Ink Titles Locked Down - February 23, 2018
- Dynamite Entertainment to Become a Premier Publisher at Diamond Comics (CONFIRMED) - February 23, 2018
- Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat to Adapt Own Doctor Who Episodes as Target Novelisations - February 23, 2018
- Return of Bruce Banner Hulk in Avengers #684 Tops Advance Reorders - February 23, 2018