The new Bruce Banner, in the form of Bleeding Cool favourite Mark Ruffalo, has revealed that he’s going to “actually” play the Hulk himself. This, he says, will be acheived through the magic of “Avatar stop-action, stop-motion capture”.
Nope. Never heard of it.
Ruffalo seems to be quite fizzed up for the role. He told Vulture:
I’m really excited. No one’s ever played the Hulk exactly, they’ve always done CGI.
Awww. Sweet – he’s obviously never seen the 70s TV version with Lou Ferigno. Or… er… actually…
I really love the first TV version of it, the Bill Bixby one. I’m gonna shoot for that a little bit. He was an everyman in it. He’s always on the run and trying to find love. It’s really a sympathetic character, before he turns into the Hulk and fucks everything up.
Ruffalo also believes his Hulk will be the first in 3D. Wrong again.
So he’s not convincing me he’s a real Hulk fanboy but, really – so what? He’s a very good actor indeed, so I’m glad that they have him onboard. He’s signed on to make a film, not take part in a geek trivia quiz.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014