The original report I’m citing here appears to be rather tabloidy (see also: their pap snap that I’m using), but let’s give them the benefit of the doubt. According to Aftonbladet, (via Rooney Mara Source) the new Lisbeth Salander, Rooney Mara, has injured herself in the shoulder “so severely” that production on David Fincher’s The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo will be delayed by several days.
I’m sure this will come nowhere near derailing the project, but if there are real delays, it will burn a nice pile of dollars for the studio and send them running to their insurance claim forms.
But what amuses me is an interesting irony of the delay. It could potentially free up Daniel Craig to zip back to Ontario and do some reshoots on Dream House. As I previously reported:
Earlier in the year, Daniel Craig shot the thriller Dream House with Naomi Watts and Rachel Weisz, and director Jim Sheridan. Come July, some test screenings had convinced the film’s producers that a couple of weeks of reshoots would be a good idea, and these were reportedly scheduled to kick off on September 27th.
Unfortunately, that doesn’t look like it’s going to happen now – Daniel Craig is away in Sweden working on David Fincher’s do-over of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
UPDATE: Tough luck, Dream House. Cinematical have a quote from Sony PR reps that says none of this is true. Officially. So, it might be. It just isn’t, officially.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014