Brian Rodgers from has been spilling the giant, city crushing beans on the Legendary Picture’s plans for a 2012 Godzilla reboot, caught on camera at this week’s 3D Summit.
In the video below, you’ll see Rodgers explain:
- The project’s origin as a 3D IMAX movie
- How he realigned the concept as a wide-release for digital 3D as back as 2007
- That Legendary want to homage the traditional Godzilla character (perhaps more properly, Gojira) and not make “the same decisions” as the last US Godzilla picture
- So, that means no Iguana-style anatomy
- The project compares to Batman Begins
- Despite rumours to the contrary, this sculpture has nothing to do with the film.
- Godzilla is going to be a CG character in a live-action film.
- There’s going to be another monster, or monsters, that Godzilla will fight. Not having this goes against the “spirit of the character”.
Now. Sit back and have all of that in video format, courtesy of Zennie 62.