Matt Booker from from Automattic Comics popped by the location shoot for the sixth series of Doctor Who, filming in a council estate in central Bristol, with a snappy camera to hand…
This is a three day shoot of the third episode (written by Mark Gatiss). Specific locations included flat interiors, stairwells, corridors, and the area by the bins with an old lady and children. There was also late night filming in the garage section with the TARDIS.
Apparently they filmed in Bristol because they just couldn’t find a suitable location in Cardiff… and they looked really hard! The same location was used for recent Being Human – specifically the council block for the werewolf’s single mum girlfriend.
Another more secluded Doctor Who shoot took place last week in Durham Park, in a National Trust house, with a night shoot in the house and gardens, well away from prying camphones.
Matt Booker also got Matt Smith and Karen Smith to sign their on action figures, to be auctioned off next year for charity at Corsham Sci Fi.
- Separated at Bath: Rob Liefeld and the New Domino Annual - July 22, 2018
- How Many Times Can Marvel Exclusively Give Away the Same Exclusive Variant Cover at San Diego Comic-Con? - July 22, 2018
- Marvel True Believers Panel Previews Squirrel Girl, Marvel Rising, Spider-Man/Deadpool, Domino, Runaways, and Many More - July 22, 2018
- A Look Inside the Increasingly Late Mister Miracle at San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2018
- Swag from the Marvel True Believers Panel at San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2018