Matt Booker from from Automattic Comics popped by the location shoot for the sixth series of Doctor Who, filming in a council estate in central Bristol, with a snappy camera to hand…
This is a three day shoot of the third episode (written by Mark Gatiss). Specific locations included flat interiors, stairwells, corridors, and the area by the bins with an old lady and children. There was also late night filming in the garage section with the TARDIS.
Apparently they filmed in Bristol because they just couldn’t find a suitable location in Cardiff… and they looked really hard! The same location was used for recent Being Human – specifically the council block for the werewolf’s single mum girlfriend.
Another more secluded Doctor Who shoot took place last week in Durham Park, in a National Trust house, with a night shoot in the house and gardens, well away from prying camphones.
Matt Booker also got Matt Smith and Karen Smith to sign their on action figures, to be auctioned off next year for charity at Corsham Sci Fi.
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018