Now who’d have thunk it: Tim Burton is calling upon some of his old favourites to provide voices for his stop-motion movie Frankenweenie. Better the actors you know than the actors you don’t?
But here’s the twist – I’m not talking about Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. You have to dig just a little bit deeper into the Burton filmography this time. Mars Attacks deep, not Luau deep.
According to Deadline, Winona Ryder and Martin Landau have each taken a key role, while Martin Short and Catherine O’Hara will each be providing five different supporting voices.
Landau’s role is that of Mr. Rzykruski; Short will be playing Bob, Nassor, Toshiaki, Victor’s Dad and Mr. Bergermeister; O’Hara is down for Edgar, Weird Girl, Victor’s Mom, and Gym Teacher; Ryder’s been given the part of Elsa, a love interest for Victor.
Note that casting for that lead role of Victor has not yet been announced. Anybody else suddenly put in mind of that Wino Forever tattoo? Hmmm. Maybe Depp won’t have any kind of part in the film at all?
Bob, Nassor, Toshiaki, Edgar and Weird Girl are, I believe, children in the film. Some of them have pets who die. Not to give too much away, but this feature length version is rather more… expansive than the short. John August has had a lot of work to do in opening up a very simple short story for the feature film’s screenplay.
We had a nice picture of some of the Frankenweenie puppets before. I think you’ll agree that the designs are good.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014