I already told you that there’s a hidden, potentially frustrating, section on the Iron Man 2 Blu-ray, but it has taken a while for trustworthy confirmation to surface regarding just what it will contain. We’ve gotten some details from The Daily Blam, passing on news from Spider Media (who appear to have deleted it), and I’m about to cut and paste them verbatim, with all of the confusing phrasing that implies:
Hidden inside the S.H.I.E.L.D. Data Vault are numerous clues to the previously mentioned Marvel movies:
- Get a close look at what’s inside Howard Stark’s case
- Read Howard’s first comic book issue of Captain America
- Learn what Captain America’s new shield is made of
- Agent Coulson is the leading S.H.I.E.L.D agent in the “Project: New Mexico”
- Take a detailed look on the map, the crashsite and crater
- More information is about to come about the “Project: New Mexico”
- Filming the “Thor’s Hammer” scene from the end credits of “Iron Man 2”
- Commentary from Kenneth Branagh, J. Michael Strazynski, Clark Gregg and more
- New, never before seen footage from “Thor”
Never before seen footage from Thor? Above and beyond that five-minute, Comic-Con clip that leaked online for a while? Nah – I bet that’s exactly what it is.
The Cap’s shield business takes the form of some pseudo-blueprint images. Here’s a screencap of one:
Thankfully, there are also plenty of features openly available on the disc, not hidden behind some kind of puzzle game. Those Blam folk have been talking about some of those too, and have shared a very interesting quote from director Jon Favreau. Here, he’s talking about the info displayed on the computer monitors in the S.H.I.E.L.D safehouse towards the end of the film, and just what implications they have for Marvel movie-verse crossovers:
[The first shows an image] from The Incredible Hulk, which means [Iron Man 2] took place before The Incredible Hulk. If you look you see the the crater on the other monitor, that’s the Thor thing. That’s where the hammer was recovered. This is just a geek heaven here.
And if you think that anything on this monitors is not something we at Marvel didn’t talk about for hours – you are crazy! See, there is a map up there, so… if you look at those maps, each one of those locations corresponds to something in the Marvel Universe. I’m not supposed to say that.
And if you look on each one, and I know what they mean, but I’m not gonna say it, but I’m gonna say this: Two of them relate to The First Avenger: Captain America, one of them relates to Thor. The one in Africa relates to Black Panther.
Black Panther? Do they dare tease us with the prospect of a Black Panther movie?
So, that’s four of seven marker points accounted for. Here are screen caps with the maps in them now because, let’s be honest, if any one can work out what the other three are pointing to, it’ll be Little Bleeders. Give us the benefit of your wisdom.
And if you don’t know, get your Marvel geek friend on the case. I want to see these Easter Eggs cracked.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014