The upcoming Archie #616 (That’s the number of Hank McCoy BTW) is entitled Campaign Pain and sees President Barack Obama and ex-governor-not-quite-sure-what-she-is-now Sarah Palin getting involved in student politics at Riverdale High. And probably boosting sales in the process.
Archie and Reggie both boastfully claim the support of their respective politician of choice, only for the actual person to turn up on campus. Hilarious! Then in #617, the secret services get involved…
Aside from biographical comics, a number of comic books have used the appearance of Obama to increase sales, and Sarah Palin has appeared in a few satirical comic books too. This is the first to in any way suggest that the two politicians are comparable…
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018