It looks like Terry Gilliam is taking a leaf out of Spike Jonze’s book for his new project.
Having reported on the surprise existence of The Legend of Talladega earlier, I continued digging. E-mails went, e-mails came back and I quickly learned which actor was starring in the project. Of course, two seconds after this I found the actor had been blabbing about the film on his Twitter account… I really need to follow more people.
This actor is David Arquette, recently wrapped on Scream 4. The last couple of days, he’s been out in Talladega, Allabama and posting TwitPics from the scene. The first came with this caption:
Filming a short film for Pepsi with Terry Gilliam
Mystery solved. Now what I want to know is – how short is short? Three minutes? Ten? Thirty?
So the pieces in play so far are: Terry Gilliam, David Arquette, Becky Fly, the mockumentary style, improvised ghost stories, Talladega, apparently Nascar and – more likely than not – a sticky brown carbonated drink that I really can’t deny I drink way, way waaaaay too much of. And the film has the word Legend in the title, which creates certain assumptions by itself.
More as I get it.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014