The film’s script is being written by Peter Morgan, the go-to guy for screenplays about public figures after The Queen, Frost/Nixon, The Last King of Scotland, et al. According to Deadline, he’s writing “a script focused on the band’s formative years, leading up to Queen’s appearance at Live Aid in 1985”. That’s one hell of a climax for a pop movie.
Apparently the rights to Queen’s songs have been cleared, so the film can be absolutely stuffed with them. The decision as to whether or not Cohen will lip sync or sing himself is being left until after a director has been hired.
That all makes perfect sense . Now – I only hope they get Kuntz and Maguire to reteam and direct in the style of their Electric Six Radio Gaga music video. Or… maybe not. But, boy, I did really love their music videos.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014