This book is the first chapter in an all-new, on-going Lady Death series that will be coming out from Boundless Comics. Let’s let the PR tell us all about it.
The most terrifying tale of Lady Death is about to begin, in an Apocalyptic saga that will tear through two dimensions and give birth to a new horror that will leave long-time fans reeling! Before the new Lady Death on-going monthly series is unveiled, this crucial prelude chapter will set the stage for the destruction of everything she once knew…
Woof! There you go then!
Here’s a preview of the Lady Death Premiere
And here’s the complete Lady Death Ashcan with backstory, interviews, and art on the new series:
Co-writer on the series, Mike Wolfer, says;
Traditionally, comics are filled with lots of moments that are the staples of heroic, illustrated fiction: big, loud, posturing, powerful shots. We also have those moments in horror comics, but they’re balanced with a slow-burn, tension-mounting, quiet pacing that heightens the sense of foreboding for the reader. That “works” for horror comics, but it’s also been something that’s been unique to my style of storytelling, and you can see it all the way back to my days doing Widow, or currently in GRAVEL and NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. Despite splatter, much of the impact of horror lies in subtlety, believe it or not, and that’s something which I’m working into the new tales of LADY DEATH. We’ll see the inherent, bombastic, set-pieces that this type of story calls for, but I’ll be weaving in those little bits that will hopefully create a greater sense of dread.
- Action Lab Puts Five Million Comics In The Classroom, Announces Kid Sherlock, Albert Einstein: Time Mason, Stray, Midnight Tiger And The Ghost, The Owl - April 27, 2017
- Heading Towards 100,000 For X-O Manowar #1’s Third Printing - April 27, 2017
- Leo Baxendale, Creator Of The Bash Street Kids, Dies At 86 - April 27, 2017
- Bumping The Numbers On The 25-Cent Saga #43 By Bryan K Vaughan And Fiona Staples - April 27, 2017
- Exclusive: A Few DC Covers For May, From Gary Frank To Frank Cho To Jim Lee To Emanuela Lupacchino To Jenny Frison - April 27, 2017