I’m told that Marvel have asked Google to block links to all pirated comic books, but have been rebuffed. Instead, Marvel are to be issuing a number of DMCA notices, like the one that took down Comics Invasion, which Google will abide by.
Of course there are many more fora than just those owned by Google. But it might be a precedent, and an opportunity for all sorts of IP owners to target blogspot-based download link distributors.
There is one approach that publishers could take to tackle comics piracy. I’ve emailed it to certain publishers rather than print it here, and one of the Premier publishers seems to be working on something as a result. I look forward to finding more…
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics To Charge $2.99 Digital For Its New $3.99 Print Comics - January 18, 2017
- Marvel Reveals One Of Their Secret Free Comic Book Day Title To Be Guardians AND Defenders - January 18, 2017
- In Today’s Amazing Spider-Man, No One Is Talking About Sins Past, Least Of All Dan Slott - January 18, 2017