I’m told that Marvel have asked Google to block links to all pirated comic books, but have been rebuffed. Instead, Marvel are to be issuing a number of DMCA notices, like the one that took down Comics Invasion, which Google will abide by.
Of course there are many more fora than just those owned by Google. But it might be a precedent, and an opportunity for all sorts of IP owners to target blogspot-based download link distributors.
There is one approach that publishers could take to tackle comics piracy. I’ve emailed it to certain publishers rather than print it here, and one of the Premier publishers seems to be working on something as a result. I look forward to finding more…
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017
- First Look At The Doctor Who Christmas Special – And A Look Back At Peter Capaldi’s Time As The doctor - July 23, 2017