I’m told that Marvel have asked Google to block links to all pirated comic books, but have been rebuffed. Instead, Marvel are to be issuing a number of DMCA notices, like the one that took down Comics Invasion, which Google will abide by.
Of course there are many more fora than just those owned by Google. But it might be a precedent, and an opportunity for all sorts of IP owners to target blogspot-based download link distributors.
There is one approach that publishers could take to tackle comics piracy. I’ve emailed it to certain publishers rather than print it here, and one of the Premier publishers seems to be working on something as a result. I look forward to finding more…
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow’s Doomsday Clock #3 - January 23, 2018
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018
- Showrunner of Lucifer Teams with Lucifer Artist for Skyward from Image Comics - January 23, 2018
- Now You Can Buy Star Wars Porg Sneakers – but Are They Made from Porgs? We Find Out - January 23, 2018
- Northguard Season 2 #1 and #2 Both Published Tomorrow – Here’s a Preview of Both - January 23, 2018