I’m told that Marvel have asked Google to block links to all pirated comic books, but have been rebuffed. Instead, Marvel are to be issuing a number of DMCA notices, like the one that took down Comics Invasion, which Google will abide by.
Of course there are many more fora than just those owned by Google. But it might be a precedent, and an opportunity for all sorts of IP owners to target blogspot-based download link distributors.
There is one approach that publishers could take to tackle comics piracy. I’ve emailed it to certain publishers rather than print it here, and one of the Premier publishers seems to be working on something as a result. I look forward to finding more…
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017
- The Winners Of Diamond’s Retailer Best Practice Awards Spring 2017, Announced At Chicago - April 24, 2017