It’s not just the American Golden Age comics from the nineteen thirties which are seeing a price bump of late. The Dandy Beano Summer Special from 1963, combining stories from popular British weekly anthologies Dandy and The Beano (here we see the British Dennis The Menace from The Beano about assualt the Dandy’s Desperate Dan – an early example of the “crossover”) has just sold on eBay for £1375 (around $2100). This may well be a record for a post-WWII British comic book.
That’s in fine condition, sold sight unseen, without any kind of official CGC grading.
This period of children’s comics are much more common to be found in people’s homes than, say, comics from the 30s or 40s. It may represent a boom in interest in these titles and a goldmine for British comic fans from fifty years ago.
The same seller also sold a number of other similar books, for significantly less – a Dandy Summer Special from 1964 going for £205, a Beano for £425.
Time to go through your attic, folks!
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017