It’s not just the American Golden Age comics from the nineteen thirties which are seeing a price bump of late. The Dandy Beano Summer Special from 1963, combining stories from popular British weekly anthologies Dandy and The Beano (here we see the British Dennis The Menace from The Beano about assualt the Dandy’s Desperate Dan – an early example of the “crossover”) has just sold on eBay for £1375 (around $2100). This may well be a record for a post-WWII British comic book.
That’s in fine condition, sold sight unseen, without any kind of official CGC grading.
This period of children’s comics are much more common to be found in people’s homes than, say, comics from the 30s or 40s. It may represent a boom in interest in these titles and a goldmine for British comic fans from fifty years ago.
The same seller also sold a number of other similar books, for significantly less – a Dandy Summer Special from 1964 going for £205, a Beano for £425.
Time to go through your attic, folks!
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017