Grant Morrison talks to the LA Times about his contuining run on the Bat books, in which we also learn that Batman is getting his yellow oval back. This is possibly the biggest indicator of a change in tone for Batman. Whenever the yellow circle goes, then the book is trying to be more serious and modern, whenever it returns, it indicates a silver-age more positive outlook.
And with Batman Inc, it’s Batman jet setting around the world finding Batman-alikes to receive the Batman franchise, creating a new and diverse Batman Family.
And he gives us a few sound bites in the process
Batman can take anything. You can do comedy Batman, you can do gay Batman…it all works. It something intrinsic to the character. It’s so strange and amazing.
Nothing I’ve done with Batman is so shockingthat it hasn’t been seen before. I’ve tried to tell fans: ‘Don’t worry about time travel, he’s done it before, we’re just going to see it in more conventional, more down-to-earth way.”
This is a lot like “Batman Family,” I suppose, except the family is very extended in this case and it’s global. I tell people not to worry. Batman can take it. He’d done it before.
You know what though? I don’t know if you can do gay Batman. Not in the comics anyway. Even analogues like Midnighter caused them trouble. But I’d like to see DC give that a go…
- The Daily LITG – 18th October 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018