Providing that there’s going to be an outside job search and not an internal promotion to replace Michael Scott when he quits/gets fired/dies at the end of the next season, we may now know just who the front running candidates are.
The Dunder Miflin powers that be are reportedly chewing over Danny McBride and Rhys Darby as leading potentials. Pineapple Express‘ McBride already has a TV show, Eastbound and Down, so he may well not take the gig even if it’s spread out before him on the table with a little X showing him where to sign. Indeed, his spokesman has told EW that he’s “very happy” with his current gig.
Which suits me just fine because I think I favour Darby for the role anyway. He’s perhaps best known for his role Murray Hewitt in Flight of the Conchords, but his management experience doesn’t end there – he was also Jim Carrey’s boss in Yes Man. I think he’s a natural fit for The Office too.
If they do go with an internal promotion, though, who would you select?
My gut is that they’ll promote one of the existing characters to start off with, maybe bringing in the new hire in a supporting role, and then have a switchover take place a couple-few episodes in. There’s just too much fun to be had in making, say, Dwight or Toby the manager for a few weeks.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014