Southampton Football Cub, on the south coast of England, have been in conflict with local newspaper, the Plymouth Herald. They have restricted access for photographers, demanding instead that media outlets buy officially sanctioned (and costly) images taken by the club.
So the Argyle brought in a strike breaker. Cartoonist Chris Robinson. Who watched this weekend’s match on the television between Southampton and Plymouth Argyle and drew his favourite bits. Which the paper planned to print in its match report.
But at the last minute, Plymouth Argyle fearing a backlash from sponsors, provided their own images, for free, to the paper.
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018
- Sarah Kuhn and Alitha Martinez Return to Barbie Comics, in Papercutz January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018