Southampton Football Cub, on the south coast of England, have been in conflict with local newspaper, the Plymouth Herald. They have restricted access for photographers, demanding instead that media outlets buy officially sanctioned (and costly) images taken by the club.
So the Argyle brought in a strike breaker. Cartoonist Chris Robinson. Who watched this weekend’s match on the television between Southampton and Plymouth Argyle and drew his favourite bits. Which the paper planned to print in its match report.
But at the last minute, Plymouth Argyle fearing a backlash from sponsors, provided their own images, for free, to the paper.
- Thunderbolt and Lightning, Very, Very Frightening at MCM London Comic Con Tonight - May 26, 2018
- What Might Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp’s Green Lantern Be Like? - May 26, 2018
- Tom Ellis Sang to #SaveLucifer at MCM London Comic Con (VIDEO) - May 26, 2018
- 63 Cosplay Pics from MCM London Comic Con 2018 - May 26, 2018
- Comic Store in Your Future: The Return of Diamond’s Secret Shopper - May 26, 2018