Southampton Football Cub, on the south coast of England, have been in conflict with local newspaper, the Plymouth Herald. They have restricted access for photographers, demanding instead that media outlets buy officially sanctioned (and costly) images taken by the club.
So the Argyle brought in a strike breaker. Cartoonist Chris Robinson. Who watched this weekend’s match on the television between Southampton and Plymouth Argyle and drew his favourite bits. Which the paper planned to print in its match report.
But at the last minute, Plymouth Argyle fearing a backlash from sponsors, provided their own images, for free, to the paper.
- Okay… How About a Fantastic Four #1 for June as Well? - February 22, 2018
- More DC/Hanna-Barbera Crossover Comics, Including Super-Sons/Dynomutt - February 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Fresh Start and Rick Remender and Bengal’s Death Or Glory on Front of Next Week’s Diamond Previews - February 22, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for May 2018 – the Day After Image Expo (Pics Update) - February 22, 2018
- Marvel Rumours Spilling Out of ComicsPRO – A Cosmic Ghost Rider Series? - February 22, 2018